Pages

Sunday 10 November 2013

Stationary Haul and Revision Tips

Hi there!

So it's been absolutely ages since I last posted and I've really missed blogging regularly, I'm going to have to make sure I keep it up more lately! Anyway, I thought I would blog about something today I haven't done before and I know for a lot of people this will not be their type of read but I love reading posts like this so thought I'd give it a go.

Some of you might not know but I am currently in Sixth Form and I'm studying Biology, Chemistry and Maths. I've also recently applied to study Medicine at University so you can probably already guess a lot of my time is spent revising. For some people I know revision is a bit of a bore but there are plenty of ways to make it a bit more bearable.

One way to make revision a bit more enjoyable is to have a good supply of stationary and if I am really honest, I love to go out and buy loads of the stuff! I recently went on a bit of a stationary haul and thought I'd share with you what I bought, some of the below I already had from last year but I thought I would include them anyway as I still use them.







Coloured felt tips, fine line pens and pencils are a great way to make revision posters and flash cards. Using colours makes facts a lot easier to remember! 






These few bits are great unessential additions to your stationary collection. Having new equipment definitely in my opinion makes revision funner and I love all the different revision techniques you can use with these few bits. Sticking sticky notes all over your bedroom wall, making revision flash cards to read just before exams and highlighting any important information.





And finally in my opinion the essential few bits that you need for pretty much all revision. Again though you can make it your own by buying patterned folders and notebooks.

And there you have it, my stationary haul that completed my stationary collection. Now onto some revision tips. I'm sure a lot of you are in school or college or maybe University and revision is something which is important. I personally don't mind revising and the satisfaction of knowing you have done as much as you could have when it comes to the exams is something I enjoy.

Here are some of my top revision tips:

* Pace yourself - make sure you don't spend hours on revision with no breaks, sometimes having a break is just as important as the revision

* Plan your revision - making a revision planner sounds dull but it certainly helps organise what you need to be doing and when

* Vary your revision techniques - unless there is only one technique that works for you then make sure you mix it up a bit. Read and write notes out, do exam questions and make posters and revision cards

* Use the stationary you buy - make use of the little things you buy, like the post it notes, use them in different ways and find the best way that works for you

* Find a good environment to work in - do you prefer music or no music? Silence or background noise? It's important to work in an environment that is best suited for you

* Reward yourself - whether this is regular breaks or having something nice to eat like chocolate and sweets ready for you when you finish. Make sure you have something to look forward to when you have finished

And there you have it, my stationary haul and revision tips. Sorry if this isn't for you! If you have found this useful then please let me know in the comments and if you have any extra revision tips that work for you then I would love to know them!

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment