Pages

Saturday 28 September 2013

15 Beauty Questions | Tag

Hi there!

So I was looking through the blogs I follow on Bloglovin and came across a beauty questions tag and thought it looked like a lot of fun. I had a quick look online and picked out some beauty questions from different tags I wanted to answer, so here they are!


1.) Do you apply your foundation with a brush, sponge or fingers?
Right, I know this is probably really bad but I just use my fingers! I have tried using a sponge and really didn't find it any easier, in fact it just seemed to absorb all the foundation and nothing went on my face so returned to using my fingers. I have actually been looking into buying some make-up brushes and a foundation brush by Real Techniques is top of the list!

2.) What foundation do you use?
At the minute I'm actually using a sample version of Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation which I'm really impressed with, it is however on the pricey side. I usually wear a Collection foundation which I feel does the trick and is on the cheaper side, I'm one of those people that feel there is really no point in splashing out on expensive make-up when a cheaper version does the same. I will admit, yes the Estee Lauder lasts longer and produces a more natural colour tone however after the sample has ran out I don't think I'll be buying the real thing.

3.) Concealer or foundation first?
This is a question I have been asking myself for ages and still don't know the real/correct answer however I always apply concealer first. This means I may not need to use as much foundation as I thought.

4.) On average how long does it take for you to do your make-up?
On a normal day it usually takes no longer than 20 minutes and most of that time goes on applying mascara. I really love thick and long lashes and applying many coats seems to do the trick, so that's what takes up most of the time!

5.) Do you wear makeup everyday and everywhere?
I wear make-up most days but certainly not everyday. If I'm not planning on going anywhere exciting and just taking the dog for a walk or popping out to the shops I usually don't apply any and if I do then its the tiniest amount its not worth it. I try to have make-up free days to give my skin a bit of a break. Obviously I love applying make-up however feel having days where you don't wear any can benefit you a lot.

6.) False or natural eyelashes?
I love, love, loveeee false eyelashes but don't wear them regularly because they tend to irritate my eyes when on.

7.) Liquid, pencil or gel eyeliner?
All 3 haha! I use liquid or gel on my top lid and pencil on the bottom.

8.) If you had to wear only one make-up product what would it be?
I think I'd pick mascara, applying even the smallest amount of mascara can really brighten up your whole face!

9.) Natural or dramatic eye make-up?
Oooh, I don't know! I think it depends on where you're going and don't laugh at how silly this is but also the weather! If its a hot sunny day and you're going to a day out in the sun then definitely a natural look but if its autumn/winter and its a meal out then I think dramatic.

10.) What moisturiser do you use?
I use a Nivea moisturiser which I have been using for ages now, I love it!

11.) Do you enjoy using face masks?
I've been trying to use more face masks, I've got 2 superdrug ones, one is an exfoliating one which I've been loving, especially as its raspberry smelling!

12.) Is most of your make-up neutral or colorful?
Most of its neutral, I don't tend to use a lot of colorful eye make-up however I do use bright lip sticks!

13.) Would you rather apply lipstick for eyeliner or eyeliner for lipstick?
This one made me think so much when I saw it so I had to put it in. I think I'd prefer to use eyeliner for lipstick because I can imagine putting lipstick on your eyes is going to sting.

14.) What was your first make-up item?
The first make-up item I remember was something from Avon which I ordered and it was some lipglosses, one clear and one a pale pink and some cream eyeshadows.

15.) Do you like to stick to a make-up routine using the same products or mix it up a bit?
I do stick to a make-up routine just because I'm usually rushing around in the morning, maybe if I left myself some more time I'd try something different. I do try to buy different brands though to mix it up a bit because I love to try new things!


So there you have it, my first ever tag! If you've enjoyed this post, have any other tags you think are fun to answer or have done one yourself then let me know below!

Now for the people I tag to also do this, I love all of these blogs and recommend you go and check all the posts out and give them a follow!

http://www.cosmeticcrave.com/
http://www.4evafashionprincessmonthly.com/
http://www.hbbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.freshbeautyxox.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. Hi lovely, I have nominated you for a Liebster award on my blog. Just nip over and take a look at my blogpost to answer the questions!
    xx

    www.northernlightsandlipsticks.com

    ReplyDelete