Pages

Monday 2 September 2013

MUA Cover and Conceal | Review

Hi there!

If you've seen my previous blog post featuring MUA Extreme Volume Mascara which can be found by clicking here then you might have seen that I purchased a MUA Cover and Conceal concealer at the same time.


Originally I did want the concealer stick however my local Superdrug was out of stock and I was going away for the week (hopefully my first lifestyle blog will be up about this soon!) so wanted one that day as my previous one had ran out. Again I decided to try something different as I didn't want to buy the Collection concealer again (despite how much I love it). So instead I went with a concealer which is liquid and looks quite creamy based, I'd never tried one of these before so was quite excited about it.


I have seen many people blog and review about these types of concealers and I really liked the way is looked to use. It looked like the brush was an easy way to apply the concealer and I really wanted to give it a go.




I went for the lightest shade which is called 'Fair' and I know by the picture it doesn't look like it fits my skin colour at all, but that's down to the fact I've fake-tanned my arms so my face is not this tanned haha!

Maybe though I should have gone for a darker shade as when I apply this it just seems to not show up. Yes I know, a concealer isn't exactly meant to show up but it doesn't seem to do much. This might be down to me picking the wrong shade or down to the consistency of the concealer which doesn't seem to be too thick.

This is a massive surprise for me that I don't particularly love a MUA product as I generally really do love their brand. I still use this concealer and it does cover blemishes and under the eye circles however just not as much as I'd like, I think its just down to preference. Some people may use this and say its the perfect coverage however for me I would like just a tiny bit more.

On a more positive note though I do absolutely love the creaminess of the concealer and I feel like it gives your skin a bit of moisturiser at the same time. I also really like the brush it comes with which gives you a really easy application. The packaging is also something which drew me to buy it, I know packaging doesn't determine whats inside the bottle but I love how simple and easy it is to pack away in your make-up bag.

I don't want this review to come across as me saying I dislike the concealer however I'm going to be honest with anything that I review. MUA is an absolutely brilliant brand and I love pretty much all of their products. I think I was maybe having my hopes high down to the the fact the rest of their products have surprised me (in a good way) and I never thought a make-up brand could be so cheap and so good at the same time. This concealer was only £1.50 and I probably shouldn't complain at all because of the price. I do like and will carry on using this concealer and I may try the darker shade next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment