Pages

Sunday 15 September 2013

Cambridge University Summer School Day 4 and 5 | Lifestyle

Hi there!

So I thought it would be better for me and for you reading if the last 2 days were squished into one post. I did take lots of photos and have a lot of other peoples photos saved onto my laptop of us all on the last few days however didn't want to post them onto my blog without asking permission, so therefore thought it would be easier to just miss the photos out with any other people in them.

On Thursday which was the 4th day we again had some lectures, I think these were the most interesting, they covered nerves and how they work, medical ethics and whether being old and fat is evolution fault. To finish the day, the nights activity was a formal dinner, we were put into a seating plan which again allowed us to mix with even more people we hadn't spoken to during the week and it finished with a disco back at our college we were staying at. The dinner on this night was so, so, soooo nice! At first look of the menu made me go a bit 'argh, I'm not going to eat anything!', we had duck for our main which was my first time trying it, I'm glad I did give it a go because I absolutely loved it!

At the formal dinner table
On our last day it was planned that we would present our presentation, I was a little nervous at the thought of this but once I got up there I was 100% fine. We then had an administration talk and lunch.

After the walk to the train station with all our luggage it was time to say goodbye to all the friends I had made whilst there. I really didn't expect to make such good friends in just a week, everyone there I can truly say I will miss and I'm glad that we have things like Facebook and other social networking sites to keep in contact.  The train journey home went well and I couldn't wait to get to the station to see my family.

And there you have it, my week at Cambridge University summed up. I still feel so grateful I got the chance to experience this amazing opportunity. If anyone reading this ever gets the chance to apply to one of these summer schools and is debating whether or not to, my advice would simply be just apply and give it a go. I was super excited about this as soon as I knew I got in and I know that anybody else who does will feel exactly the same way.

Thanks for reading and don't forget to follow me via Bloglovin and also check out my other posts.

I've blogged from Day 1 to Day 3 individually so have a look at those too!

There's going to be a new beauty post within the next week so keep a look out!


No comments:

Post a Comment