Pages

Wednesday 31 July 2013

July 2013 | Favorites

Hi there!

I've seen a lot of beauty bloggers and youtubers do these kinds of posts and I absolutely love reading and watching them; so guess what... I'm going to give it a go!

So here are my July Favorites


So here's something you might recognise, the MUA Eyeshadow Palette 'UNDRESSED', I did a review which can be found here and also posted some ideas to create which can be found here. I absolutely love this! I'm not usually the type of person to wear a lot of eyeshadows and tend to go for eyeliner instead, however this has certainly changed my mind. The shades here are so summery and each tone blends with any other in the palette so well. 100% a favorite this month!


Here is another that you might recognise, the Barry M Eyeshadow Brush. I bought this at the same time as the MUA palette as I don't own a lot of brushes; but knew if I wanted to create a neat design a brush would be necessary. I have also done a review on this which can be found here. It's high quality and a fantastic price!



Now onto some things that haven't featured in my blog. This Nivea Hydro Care lip balm is absolutely brilliant! I know a lot of people might think that during the winter your lips tend to dry out but I love using this all year round and this month its become one of my favorite products. It puts a smooth protective layer onto your lips which i tend to do at the start of applying any make-up, that way when I apply any lipstick it goes on a treat.


Excuse the fancy editing for this one, as you can probably tell I have pink bedroom walls and the bright orange colour of this nail vanish didn't show up well with it. The summery weather has made me pick this nail vanish a lot more recently and I love it so much. I have a lot of Barry M nail vanishes and this was the first Rimmel one I've tried and believe me it wont be the last. Its such a bright colour, it drys super quick which is a really big bonus seeing as waiting for your nails to dry is so boring (don't you agree?) and it lasts so long! You only need 1 or 2 coats and your nails look summer ready in no time!


Sticking with the summer weather products, fake tan! I know the picture is a little bit, well... not the best, its just the packaging seemed to reflect every bit of light around, sorry about that! Anyway, back to the product, I've used Solait fake tan wipes for a while now, I used to use the spray however that didn't seem to last as long and wipes were just a lot easier. I know this will be a bit hit and miss with people cause some people prefer a natural tan but trust me, this gives you a natural looking tan! It is completely up to you whether you want a light tan finish or want it a bit darker, just apply a bit at a time, wait for the colour to come out and apply more if you feel you want your tan a bit darker. The reason I bought these was because I generally don't really tan that much and of course being out in the sun is unhealthy for you too, so I thought why not try these and I'm glad I did! During July I have absolutely loved them, the sun has come out and so have my summer clothes and a tan tops it all off!


These face masks have been such a regularly used product this month. I'll be honest, I probably don't moisturise and use things like face masks as much as I should but I've been trying to a lot more recently. Superdrug do some really great products and these are definitely some brilliant examples. Both mud masks leave my skin feeling really soft and smooth, I use them at night time before bed and in the morning I wake up with skin so soft and refreshed that I debate whether to even use any make up like foundation or powder. The exfoliating one also has a really lovely smell to it, fruity smells are probably one of my favorite smells so this really does make me love it even more!

So there you have it, my first ever July Favorites! I really hope you've enjoyed this and please tell me what you've enjoyed this month as I would love to have a nose through the comments at your favorite products or maybe some other things that you've loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment